New Jersey school districts averaged $20,385 per student last year, according to New Jersey's Taxpayer's Guide to Education Spending.
The annual report can helps compare funding for students in the public school systems and takes everything from food services to transportation into account.
Here's how Bergen and Passaic county schools factor into the 2017 report (to see the full list, CLICK HERE and download zipped files).
- 49. South Hackensack: $25,830
- 48. Passaic County Vocational: $25,892
- 43. Pascack Valley Regional: $26,143
- 37. Teaneck: $26,486
- 28. Franklin Lakes: $27,484
- 7. Carlstadt- East Rutherford: $33,000
- 5. Bergen County Vocational: $35,568
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.