PARAMUS, N.J. -- Firefighters Wednesday morning kept a Paramus garage blaze from igniting what authorities confirmed were propane, black powder and ammonium nitrate.
A middle-aged Gerald Street resident was at work in the garage when "something sparked and he tried to put it out himself," Deputy Police Chief Robert Guidetti told Daily Voice.
No injuries were immediately reported.
The two-alarm fire was reported around 10:10 a.m., bringing Paramus and Oradell firefighters, Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Joyce told Daily Voice. It took a little over a half hour to bring under control, he said.
The chemicals are all legal, authorities said.
CHECK BACK FOR MORE DETAILS
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.