PARAMUS, N.J. -- The Paramus Police Department is advising residents to take extra precaution during "Break In Season."
- Always leave lights on at your home. It gets dark early and burglars love a dark unlit home. Make your home look occupied at all times
- Lock your doors and windows.
- If you have a gated rear yard ; lock it. Many burglars use the rear sliders as their access point
- Watch your neighbors homes
- Report any and all suspicious activity or persons to the police immediately. Many burglars are arrested because of a call from an alert resident
- Don't leave jewelry and valuables in your master bedroom. This is the first place burglars go.
- When you are away, don't let mail and newspapers pile up at your home
- If you see something say something.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.