PARAMUS, N.J. – An alert Bergen County sheriff’s officer who stopped five Rockland County men in a car on Route 17 in Paramus following an alleged overnight assault Tuesday in New York City found a loaded handgun and knives, authorities said.
An anonymous 911 caller reported following the white Mercedes Benz into New Jersey around 3:30 a.m., Bergen County Sheriff Michael Saudino said Tuesday afternoon.
Sheriff Officer’s Kevin Scarpa stopped the car as it headed north on the highway at Linwood Avenue and was joined by officers from Paramus and Ridgewood, Saudino said.
A subsequent search turned up a .357 Magnum, the knives and a small amount of pot, he said.
All five were charged with drug and weapons possession, and ordered held in the Bergen County Jail on various bails, the sheriff said.
He identified them as ( left to right in mugshots above ):
- Winel Antoine, 30, of Spring Valley (Bail: $20,000)
- Caleb Piere, 31, of Haverstraw ($20,000)
- Jeffrey R. Boursiquot, 25, of Spring Valley (Bail: $10,000)
- Bradley R. Lauture, 19, of Spring Valley ($10,000)
- Carl Phillippe Dorvil, 23, of Garnerville ($10,000)
Saudino thanked Paramus and Ridgewood police for their work in the arrests.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.