Help save lives and donate blood at any of the many Bergen County locations holding drives in September hosted by the Community Blood Services.
Free breakfast and other goodies will be provided to donors.
Every 2.5 seconds someone needs blood -- 80 percent of the population -- but less than 5 percent of donates, according to the Community Blood Services.
Nearly 4 million Americans would die each year without life-saving blood transfusions, and an estimated 109,500 Americans will be diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma in 2016.
Blood donors participating in the Bergen County Community Blood Drives in cooperation with Community Blood Services will help ensure the transfusion needs of area patients are met.
The drives are being held,
- Sept. 9, from 3-7 p.m. at Wood-Ridge Knights of Columbus, Wood-Ridge Veteran's Park.
- Sept. 18, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the County Wide Volunteer Festival, Van Saun County Park, Paramus.
- Sept.19 from 3-8 p.m., Cresskill Women's Club Drive at Cresskill Firehouse. Donors receive $5 Dunkin Donuts Gift Card.
- Sept. 20, from 3-8 p.m., at BPO Elks/Ridgefield Park In memory of Robert Johnson, 30 Spruce Ave., Ridgefield Park. Free roast beef dinner for donors.
- Sept. 22, from 3-8 p.m., at Bogota Fire Dept. Hook & Ladder Co.1, 375 Larch Ave. Donors receive $5 Dunkin Donuts gift card.
- Sept. 24, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Masonic Lodge, Ridgefield Park, 129 Main St. Free breakfast for donors.
- Sept. 29, 8 a.m.-noon, Eastern Bergen County Board of Realtors, Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe, 100 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Teaneck.
Appointments can be made for any location by calling 201-251-3703.
Any healthy individual 18 and older and weighing at least 110 pounds can donate blood. Donors 16 and 17 need parental or guardian permission.
Donors should eat a moderate meal before donating and must bring identification. No social security number is needed.
For additional information, contact Miriam Grippo, email@example.com, 201-389-0476.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.