PARAMUS, N.J. – The Paramus Recreation Commission is offering trial programs for children in pre-K through sixth grade in their newly renovated community room starting Monday, Jan. 18.
More programs, including for children with special needs, will be offered in the future.
Pre-K through second grade classes:
- Fun at the Farm Lego Workshop by Bricks4Kidz – A hands-on learning experience, each class will feature a themed lesson related to the day’s model. Preschool: Tuesdays 10-11a.m. or Thursdays 3-4 p.m.; kindergarten to second grade: Thursdays 4-5 p.m.
- Super Hero Science by Explore Science – Learn about the scientific process and all about how science relates to your child’s favorite super heroes, such as Superman and Hulk. Preschool: Tuesdays 3-4 p.m. or Thursdays 10-11a.m.; kindergarten to second grade: Tuesdays 4-5 p.m.
Second grade through sixth grade classes:
- Ned the Ninja: Self Defense for Children by The Dojo – Strength isn’t always physical – your child will learn strategies to overcome bullying. This class features basic martial arts instruction and includes a complimentary Ned the Ninja book. second to fifth grade: Mondays 4-4:45 p.m.
- Cartoon and Anime by Abrakadoodle – Learn the basics of drawing cartoons and anime, the Japanese art form, while learning about Japanese culture and famous cartoonists. Third to sixth grade: Thursdays 6-7 p.m.
- Fun with Ping Pong by Kiddie Gym USA – Your child will have fun with the Robo-Pong ping pong robot while learning the basics of how to play this popular sport. Third to sixth grade: Thursdays 7:15-8:10 p.m.
Click here to register . In-person registrations are accepted between 1-4 p.m. weekdays and Thursdays from 7-8:45 p.m. at the Paramus Recreation office, 475 N. Farview Ave.
New registrants will be required to show proof of residency and a birth certificate for the child. All of the new community room programs cost $93 per participant per activity.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.