PARAMUS, N.J. -- The Bergen LEADS Class of 2016 is bringing "Take 2, Bergen," on June 14. The forum will discuss the film industry through the years.
"Although New Jersey and Bergen County in particular is the birthplace of modern film industry, Hollywood and New York City are now seen as the epicenters of film, television and digital media," a news release notes.
Through the forum, facilitated by a moderator, the class will try to answer a variety of questions, including
- What was the film industry of Bergen County like in the past?
- What is the current state now?
- What is the future of Bergen County in the economy of film, television and digital media?
- What do we need to do to bring more of the industry back to Bergen County?
- What will be the short term and long term benefits of stimulating this aspect of our economy?
- What recommendations do you have for policies to help stimulate this growth?
- New York City is continuing to expand and develop studio space in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. Why? What are the trends they are anticipating or hoping to stimulate?
The event will begin at 2:30 p.m., in the Ciccone Theater of the Bergen Community College, 400 Paramus Rd.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.