ORADELL, N.J. — The Bergen County Players is holding auditions for Pinocchio tomorrow, Sept. 19.
The Prince Street Players' adaptation of the time-honored Carlo Collodi book tells the story of a boy-sized puppet brought to life by the Blue Fairy as a reward for the remarkably generous spirit of his creator, Geppetto.After singing and dancing his way through several adventures, Pinocchio learns that no love is greater than that of a parent for a child.
Performances by the Bergen County Players, under the direction of Terri Cause, will run from Nov. 28 through Dec. 20 on Fridays at 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 1 and 3:30 p.m.
Auditions begin at 10 a.m. Saturday with call-backs by invitation only on Monday, Sept. 21 at 7:30 p.m. Actors are asked to prepare a short ethnic or comedic song (1 verse) and be dressed to move.
The following roles are available:
Pinocchio (tenor) a puppet who becomes a real boy. Dances. Must move like puppet
- Geppetto (baritone) puppet maker. Older. Loves children
- Antonio (baritone) narrator 35+ warm, audience interactive
- Candlewick (baritone) street urchin. Tough guy troublemaker. Dances
- Gino (tenor or baritone) street urchin. Follows Candlewick. Dances
- Angelina (mezzo-soprano) Geppetto’s housekeeper. 40ish
- Blue fairy (soprano) beautiful, ethereal. Maternal
- Coachman (bass-baritone) evil man who lures kids to their doom. Cracks whip. Must move well.
- Signore Volpone (baritone) fox-like. Glib
- Signore Gatto (tenor) cat-like. Slightly dumber sidekick
- Balloon seller (baritone) street vendor
- Organ grinder (tenor) street singer with barrel organ and monkey
- Pizza maker (baritone) pizza cook
- Chorus of townspeople and urchins
The Bergen County Playhouse is located at 298 Kinderkamack Road, Oradell.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.